Friday 17 August 2012

Body Shop Brushes

Well as you most probually know if you have read my last blog post I have been in Ibiza partying away(well I wish..a few years away yet) but I a pretty sure I have come back paler than when I left know my luck..
Anyway just before I went away I thought I could do with some knew make up brushes since I have had my old Ruby & Millie brushes for a while now. As I found out make up brushes don't come cheap especially if you want good quality ones..so I looked around a bit browsed different shops and prices such as boots and body shop, so after I did some comparisons I thought that the Body Shop brushes were a better for the price you have to pay. 
I don't really wear much make up, I only wear the basics such as foundation,mascara and powder so for my buying a expensive brush wasn't really a bad thing because I don't spend much on make up away way. I'm pretty sure the brushes I got are WAY cheaper than all the make up brands ones so I guess I got a good deal...

Foundation Brush:

Price: £12.99
Quality: The quality of the brush so far has been good, unlike some brushes the bristles on the end of the brush don't fall/come out while you are applying your foundation.The head of the brush has come apart from the main body of the brush which says it is make of good quality materials.
Brush: The bristles of the brush are all very thin and close together to minimize any brush strokes appearing onto the skin. Also when washing the brush and leaving to dry the bristles don't move or change shape and as long as you treat it carefully I don't think it will disfigure.
Rate:81/2/10
Reason Why: some times there is an odd brush stroke on your skin and or it applies it a little too think onto your face.
My comments: So far this has been the best foundation brush I have owned and I really would recommend it to anyone who asks because you get your moneys worth and you aren't having to dig in your purse too deep.

Face & Body Brush:

Price: £16.00
Quality: The overall quality of the brush is 100% hands down amazing, I actually don't think I can think of one problem with this brush.
Brush: This brush is very soft and feels really nice on your face, it doesn't irritate your face like some brush and once again the bristles are close together so it covers your face evenly in powder.
Rate: 91/2/10
Reason Why: My make up bag isn't all that big, and the brush is a little on the big side so I have to stuff it in and take a few products out.
My Comment: Like I've already said honestly hand on heart this is the best brush I've owned, I use it to put my compact over my foundation and it covers your skin evenly so you aren't blotchy.
If you think you have any brushes that beat mine..I dare you to test me;) 
Love Yous :) xox

4 comments:

  1. Greatost emillie, my makeup brushes are real techniques, they are amazing and great quality and sooooo soft! I did a review on my blog if you wanna chck it out :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I saw it..they look good but for my make up I dont think the brushes are big enough :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about The Body Shop for brushes, checking them out next time I go:)
    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, but its a buy that I'm glad I made..let me know how you get on? :)xox

      Delete