Monday 11 June 2012

Race For Life

          On Sunday (10th June 2012) me,my 2 best friends Luciee and Emma, my mum and my sister did Race For Life. Race for life is a 3mile (5km) run,jog or run for Cancer research, its a huge charity event held at one of my local parks, I have been doing it since I was 9 and I'm 13 now (I'll let you guys do the math.)
          
Me,Luciee and Emma started off in the jogging group and we started off really well we did about 10minuets per km, me and Luciee finished all 3 miles in 46 minuets which for us is amazing and we are really proud of our selves. Also me and Luciee raised about £40 each to give into the Cancer Research to help fund there research and to help them get that one step closer to finding a cure. 
          
I would encourage EVERYONE to do what ever Cancer Research run or event that is happening near them, because at the end of the day you would of finished the run knowing you are helping to save lives, and personally I honestly don't know any better felling than that. If you can't make it to the run or even you can always give the charity a donation which is just as good as anything. If you want to know anymore information or give a donation please click on this link -->  Cancer Research 
This charity is close to my heart because unfortunately I have lost both family and Friends to cancer and I feel like doing these events and donating might just give a few more people a second chance or at least some more time with there loved ones.
          I did this run for my Nanny and Grandad RIP...I love you forever and always <3  
          

2 comments:

  1. WELL DONE YOU<3 and loving the leggings, charitable and fashionable ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete